Welcome to the weekly 7th grade update! These emails are designed to keep you up to date on what's happening inside and outside the classroom here in the seventh grade.
- We regret to announce, the End-of-Year Camping Trip to Golden Gate Canyon State Park has been cancelled. See below for more information.
- No School Friday, May 22nd (Teacher Work Day), Monday the 25th (Memorial Day) or Tuesday the 26th (Teacher Work Day).
- Spring Concert is coming on May 21st at 2:30 in the garden featuring band members in K-4, 5th/6th Band, 7th/8th Band and Dragon Singers. Contact Aleaha Harkins with any questions (email@example.com)
- Cultural Festival is coming on May 28th from 4 - 6pm in the DGS gym and cafe! RSVPs are not required but please fill out this survey if you'd like to be a part of this amazing event. The culture festival is a unique opportunity to celebrate the diversity that exists at Denver Green School through music, dance, fashion, and food! Click here for more information.
- 8th Grade Commencement will be on June 4th at George Washington High School. 7th grade students and families traditionally help with hosting this event including set-up and clean-up. Look for more information soon about how you can help.
- Parent/Community Interest Survey. Please click here to fill out a quick survey for our Parent/Community Interest.
Due to anticipated weather and the safety challenges they presented for activities in cold and wet conditions, we have decided to cancel the camping trip. This was a difficult decision to make but necessary when weighed against the potential risks. In light of this decision, we have decided to replace the trip with activities here at school and in the surrounding community. These will include swimming at Central Park Rec, an urban hike, and a school lock-in! A permission slip with the details of the events on Wednesday and Thursday will be coming home with your student Monday. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Due to the Cancelled Camping Trip this week, there are no major updates for math and language arts classes. We are modifying the schedule to include exciting alternatives to the trip and will not have much time in core classes.
Have a great week!