- Botanic Gardens field trip is coming this week on Thursday! The trip will run from about 9:30 to 2:30. We are still looking for parent volunteers. Please contact either Michael Logan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jose Piza (email@example.com).
- BIG THANK YOU to all of our parent volunteers who have a made a HUGE difference on our field trips so far this year! Michelle & James Kelton, Nicole Cavazos, Monique Robinson, and Courtnay O'Brien. Also, thanks to Gabi Johnston who keeps our volunteers in the know and our communications humming!
- The 100 Mile Club is in full swing! The 100 Mile Club is a program offering the challenge to run/walk/jog 100 miles over the course of a school year. Click here for more information. Most students still need to submit $10 for full participation in the program which includes a T-shirt at the 25-mile mark. We are beginning daily runs in the neighborhood and would love parent volunteers who can help monitor students during recess (12:30 - 1pm). Please email Mr. Logan if you can help.
This week we are practicing making inferences with economics articles and other types of media (videos, pictures ect.). We are focusing on assessing our core skills from the Unit (jotting, text evidence, summarizing, making inferences) to see if we are ready to move on to our novel study next.
We will continue drafting our stories and asking questions about how to create detailed, interesting writing (show me, don't tell me or 2D to 3D writing).
We are analyzing:
* advertising in our lives and the messages it sends about being a consumer
* our quality of life
* the value of happiness and its relation to economics
We are taking a Mid-Module assessment this week (which will be shown in Schoolnet) and begin studying fractional rates and proportional relationships. Check here for assignments and lessons. We are in lessons 10 - 12 this week.
Monday - Lesson 10: Problem Set # 1-5.
Tuesday - Lesson 11: Problem Set # 1-5.
Wednesday - Lesson 12: Problem Set # 1-4.
Thursday - None (Botanic Gardens Field Trip)
Friday - Schoolnet Check-Up Quiz Today
Have a great week!