- Parent/Guardian Conferences wrapped up last week and gave us a chance to review on the year so far and make plans for success moving forward! If we weren't able to meet with you, please contact Mr. Piza or Mr. Logan directly to set up a time (720) 424-7480.
- Johnson & Wales Trip AND Demonstrations - See the EfS announcement below and click here for more information and a survey about the event this week on Wednesday, November 19th.
- DGS Family Night at Brother's BBQ - 568 Washington St, Denver (6th and Washington) is this Wednesday from 4pm - 8pm. 20% of sales for the evening will go to DGS so grab a bite and help out your school!
- Happy Thanksgiving! No school for students Monday, November 24th - Friday, November 28th.
- Here's another 100 Mile Club plug! Most students have passed the 25-mile mark and simply need to pay the $10 fee to receive a 100 Mile Club T-Shirt. Click here for more information and please send in $10 if you haven't already (checks can be made out to DPS).
This week, we will be exploring the idea of how an author develops theme in a story. We will continue reading "Fever Crumb" (Chapters 22-27) and use those chapters as a way to practice our skills with theme.
This week, we will begin organizing table of contents for our companion writing and beginning organizing and planning our ideas for the assignment.
EfS Food Celebration!
We will be celebrating our eventual food projects on Wednesday the 19th at Johnson & Wales from 9-11:30. Families are invited to attend from 10:45-11:30 for the celebration portion (after the cooking has occurred). We'll be eating tons of food, judging projects and showing off our learning! Students brought home the survey / permission slip for participation. Please check out the survey and let us know your availability for daytime versus an early evening presentation. Click here!
Our study of integers has been going REALLY well! Last week's SchoolNet quiz showed a 20% jump in proficiency on the skill of adding integers using number lines! We continue that work this week as we look deeper at the patterns we see when adding different combinations of rational numbers. Check here for assignments and lessons. We are in lessons 4 thru 7 this week. Lastly, my tutoring has begun! I'm available Tuesdays from 3:45 - 4:45. Students are always welcome to drop in and get some help!.
Monday - Lesson 4: Problem Set # 1-4
Tuesday - Lesson 5: Problem Set # 1-6
Wednesday - Lesson 6: Problem Set # 1-11.
Thursday - Lesson 7: Problem Set # 1-6.
Friday - SchoolNet Check-Up Quiz Today!
Have a great week!